Dear friend and fellow parent,
Welcome to Sanity School® for Parents!
Regardless of whatever your 'work' is in the world, you probably see parenting as the most important job of your life. You want to make sure you do it as well as possible. And when you have children with complex needs…everything can feel so much harder!
If you’re anything like other parents of complex kids, you:
- Feel like your entire life has taken a back seat to your child’s issues.
- Dream of success for your child, but worry that its out of reach.
- Regularly feel angry, stressed, frustrated, or scared -- and helpless to change it.
- Live in dread of the phone ringing. You know it is probably the school. Again.
- Waste a lot of time searching for the perfect solution for your child’s challenges, desperate for something that actually works.
If any of these feel familiar,
Every parent is faced with tough decisions daily, but when you have a child with complex challenges, like Anxiety, LD, ADD/ADHD, or related challenges, the issues are magnified. You constantly feel overwhelmed, exhausted and powerless.
The guilt creeps in.
“Is it my fault? Am I a bad parent?” Or worse, “Is it my child’s fault? Is she a bad kid?”
The answer is NO!
Sometimes it feels like the tide is going away from you. But actually, your biggest challenge is learning to ride the wave.
The most important thing to learn is that it is not your fault, and you are certainly not alone.
It is heartbreaking to see so many parents feeling lost and isolated, resigning themselves to the worst, and muddling through each day instead of embracing parenting and loving the journey.
We are here to help you through this.
Because truly – it’s going to be ok!
You have what you need to help your kids become the independent, successful people you know they deserve to be -- in whatever way is right for them. All you need is a bit of guidance and training to help you unlock the key.
“But how?” you may cry, “nothing’s worked before!”
Up until now.
You may have tried things before, only to feel crushed, disappointed, or more frustrated than ever. But if you haven't tried Sanity School® yet, then you haven't tried everything! Supported by a community of trainers who are making a profound difference in the lives of thousands of families around the world, Sanity School® will help you (re)discover that life with complex child can be wonderful!
Curious? Read on…
“Sanity School for Parents Chicagoland was an absolutely great investment with refreshing parenting skills for any age child. I found new skills from various modules that were very helpful, and I loved the interaction with the parents. Yuzu and Cheryl are talented and experienced.”
- N.P., Chicago, Illinois
Presenting to you – Sanity School® Live:
Your Ultimate Guide to a Peaceful Family!
Sanity School® Live covers six lessons that radically improve the lives of parents dealing with children with complex issues like ADHD, Anxiety, LD and related challenges. Research has shown that with this reality-based training, reinforced by coaching and support, parents coping with complex kids become more confident and calm, and their kids' behaviors begin to improve.
In this special program you will learn:
- Six Key Challenge Areas Facing Parents of Complex Kids
- The Parenting Action Model for handling ANY challenging situation
- How to plan strategically using the 4 Critical Response Areas
- How to Activate the Brain, Parent Positively and Set Realistic Expectations
- When to use Systems & Structures so they’ll actually work!
- How to model self care to teach your child self management, and so much more…
At the end of these 6 lessons, you will:
- Notice that your child is happier and less frustrated – and you are, too!
- Understand HOW you can help her grow into a mature, responsible adult
- Experience less guilt as a parent, confident that you are doing all you can to help your child
- Reconnect with your child and have a great relationship once again
- Gain clarity about next steps to effectively guide your child to independence and success
- and SO much more!…
Sanity School® is divided into 6 lessons. Here’s a detailed look:
Parenting Complex Kids with a Coach Approach
5 key takeaways:
- Set intentions to create lasting change for your family.
- Learn to take a “coach-approach” to parenting.
- Differentiate between prevention and management strategies.
- Understand the value of taking a long-term view.
- Shifting your parenting from desperation to inspiration.
Activating the Brain
5 key takeaways:
- Effective solutions start with the brain.
- Understand Executive Function.
- Understand your child’s motivations.
- Engage the brain to optimize effectiveness.
- Consciously manage stress for everyone.
5 key takeaways:
- Take a strength-based approach.
- Solutions are found in other successes.
- Make it okay to make mistakes.
- Understand key steps for trigger management.
- Creating a positive tone of the home.
5 key takeaways:
- Learn how to set realistic expectations.
- The value of taking a disability perspective.
- Playing to their strengths to work as a team.
- Teach your child to self-advocate.
- Clearly communicate expectations to foster independence.
Using Systems & Structures
5 key takeaways:
- Learn how to make systems work for the whole family.
- Identify strategies for getting your child’s buy-in.
- Understand how to use the 5 motivators.
- Clarify how your role needs to change as a parent.
- Learn what to do when some strategies don’t work.
Completing the Action Model
5 key takeaways:
- Evaluate your efforts and include kids in the process.
- Use the three magic questions to make improvements.
- Understand how your self-care helps your kids.
- Help kids learn to ask for and accept help.
- How to foster resilience, for yourself and your kids.
There are 2 exercises for you in each module, plus a minimum of 8 – 12 new strategies in each. End of the program – but the beginning of a brand new you!
Connect with Parents who "Get It"
Sounds great, but how much is it going to cost me?
As a parent of a complex kid, you have a lot to learn – and you need to learn it in a way that works for you. The coach-approach taught in Sanity School® Live has been proven to be effective – and the whole program was designed to be both affordable and accessible.
Many of us who are teaching Sanity School® Live now have been serving parents in different capacities for many years. We all wish someone had been there years ago to tell us then what we know now – it would have saved years of tears, tantrums and emotional wreckage — for us and our kids! When parents say to us, “I wish I’d found you years ago” we usually answer, “so do we!”
We want as many families as possible to have the chance to benefit from the incredible tools and techniques shared in Sanity School® Live. That’s why it’s important to us to be as budget friendly as possible. Money shouldn’t be an obstacle to learning what you need to raise a happy, healthy family!
Sanity School® has been offered as an online course for several years and continues to be available in that format, and that works for a number of parents.
But some parents really want to walk into a room and be with other parents – and Sanity School® Live allows that to happen, while still taking advantage of all of the pieces of the online program that make it so affordable and accessible!
It's the best of both worlds. Sanity School® Live combines training with coaching AND support, because that combination makes an enormous difference. But it doesn't have to come at an enormous price!
The price for Sanity School® Live is:
Per Person: $295
With one additional family member: $375
Yuzu and Cheryl know first hand the challenges of parenting complex kids.
Yuzu Byrne, Professional Organizer, specializes in working with individuals and families with ADHD and other emotional and psychological conditions that make it difficult to organize their life and space. Click here to learn more about Yuzu.
Cheryl Susman, ADHD Coach and Educational Therapist, helps parents and adults living with ADHD reduce stress, boost confidence and bring out the best in themselves and their families to create the family life they want. Click here to learn more about Cheryl.
Yuzu Byrne, Professional Organizer - As a business owner, Professional Organizer, and mother of a teenage daughter, and young adult with ADHD, my life gets pretty chaotic. I used to feel that I was doing everything I can for my family however NOT doing any of it well. I was an overwhelmed, overworked, stressed out mom. Does it sound familiar to you? Sanity School® taught me traditional parenting does not work for my child with severe ADHD, how I need to change my own perspective as a parent, and more.
As a Professional Organizer specialized in chronic disorganization, I integrate coaching to my organizing practice, working one-on-one to learn about your family dynamic and challenges. I help you create systems and processes such as morning and evening routines that fit your family life. I am very excited to share my expertise and what I have learned form Sanity School® with parents with complex children in our community. It is possible to improve the quality of your life, spend more time on what you love, and reclaim the joy of building a positive relationship with your child. Let’s start the journey together.
Cheryl Susman, MA, MBA, ET/P, COC, ACC, Professional Educational Therapist and ADHD Coach - A mother of three kids with ADHD and related challenges, I struggled to keep up with the demands of my family, devote energy to my work, and find time to take care of myself. As an Educational Therapist and ADHD Coach, I was able to navigate my children’s needs in the school system, but as a parent, I felt isolated and conflicted.
As a Sanity School® Live for Parents Trainer, and mother of now three complex young adults, I gained knowledge and experience that improved our communication, helped me gain the confidence and community I needed, and transformed our family. I’m passionate about the coach approach to parenting and excited to bring this award-winning program to parents to help them make lasting change in their families.
Attend live classes (& get video recordings for back-up).
Make a difference for your child – and you!
- Participate in 6 engaging lessons where you will learn tools, techniques, and strategies for tackling complex issues with confidence!
- Learn in a community of peers guided by a supportive, certified and licensed trainer.
- Enjoy the chance to share challenges and learn from other parents and your trainer - live and in person.
- End the isolation and join a compassionate community that understands your struggles -- without judgment.
- Miss a live session? No problem! Access pre-recorded lessons online at any time.
- Enjoy more benefits beyond the in-person sessions: 3-month access to monthly Parenting "Office Hours" calls with a coach; access ImpactADHD's private online parent community; stay on track with weekly "Sanity School® Scoop!" emails packed with resources.
Terms and Conditions: Cancellation Policy: You may choose to roll over enrollment for a future in-person workshop at no cost, or you may get a full refund less $60 processing fee for cancellations by February 22, 2020. Cancellations after February 22, 2020 may roll over enrollment at no cost to the next in-person Sanity School® for Parents Live Chicagoland workshop. Please contact us for more information.
For your security, all orders are processed on a secured server.
This highly acclaimed program teaches strategies that work, and helps you turn information into action. Hear what others have to say:
“Sanity School for Parents Chicagoland was a very realistic, effective program. It helped me meet my children where they are, not where I want them to be. I loved the usability and practicality of the program, the live feedback from the instructors and other parents, and the continuing support after class ends.”
- Kim W., Glenview, Illinois
The Parent-to-Parent Promise
We really hope that you’ll take advantage of the opportunity to let Sanity School® Live transform your family life! We know it probably all sounds too good to be true, especially if you feel like you have already tried everything!
But here’s the thing. If you give a little bit of your time to learn from a Certified Sanity School® Trainer -- and from the other parents in your class — the results for your child’s future and your sanity will be astounding.
We promise it will be the best time you’ve ever spent to become the parent you want to be.
Exhausted? Frustrated? Overwhelmed? Tired of dealing with this stuff?
Get ready to change that! It's time to get some help … so you can help your kid!
With all our heart and soul,
The Trainers of Sanity School® Live
P.S. If you have read this far, then chances are you are feeling the pull and wanting to give it a go. All we ask is that you don’t procrastinate – decide you are worth it now!
Profound change made simple
6 lessons and unlimited positive changes to your child's life, (not to mention yours) that will last a lifetime. You will be amazed what a small investment of your time now can do for your whole family in the long run.
In your Community
Attend classes Live in your community, and reinforce the learning with recordings of all sessions. Sanity School® is designed for the busy parent you are. No stress required!
From parents, To parents
Our personal understanding of what it’s really like to have kids with complex challenges is at the heart of our coaching. We understand what you are going through, and know that big changes are for you AND your whole family.
Here are some common questions you might have:
Q. What do I get when I join the program?
A: As a Sanity School® parent, you will:
- Receive training in taking a 'coach-approach' to parenting, delivered in 6 incredible, live, interactive classes
- Learn invaluable tools, techniques and strategies for tackling complex challenges with confidence!
- Learn in the comfort of a small group of parents, ending the isolation in a judgment-free zone
- Have access to video recordings so you can re-watch or listen while jogging, driving, cooking or (our favorite) in the tub!
- Have access to monthly Parenting Office Hours Q & A sessions for 3 months
- Have access to our private online members forum, another way to meet fellow parents and discuss your experiences — confidentially.
- Receive weekly accountability emails, ‘Sanity School® Scoop!’ with links to articles of note and special tips
Q. How is this different from other parent training programs?
A: Sanity School® is a concentrated program that includes a combination of training, coaching and support, and teaches a "coach-approach" to parenting complex kids. In addition to "positivity" and "strategies," which are covered in most parent training programs, Sanity School® covers issues specific to complex kids – like "activating the brain," shifting expectations without lowering them, and how to create systems and structures that are really effective for complex kids.
Consider it a crash course for a newbie, or a refresher course if you are a seasoned veteran. Truly, any parent with a complex child is welcome. We have made it our focus to ensure that this program hits on the most important things a parent of any complex kid needs to know. No messing around – we get right to the point!
Q. Who are your Sanity School® instructors?
A: Yuzu and Cheryl know first hand the challenges of parenting complex kids.
Yuzu Byrne, Professional Organizer, specializes in working with individuals and families with ADHD and other emotional and psychological conditions that make it difficult to organize their life and space.
Cheryl Susman, ADHD Coach and Educational Therapist, helps parents and adults living with ADHD reduce stress, boost confidence and bring out the best in themselves and their families to create the family life they want.
Who created Sanity School® and what makes it so special?
Diane Dempster and Elaine Taylor-Klaus are certified coaches, the co-founders of ImpactADHD.com, the authors of "Parenting ADHD Now!" and the creators of Sanity School® for Parents and Sanity School® for Teachers. Widely recognized as a "voice for parents" in the world of ADHD and Complex Kids, they are regularly approached by national resources such as the American Academy of Pediatrics, Attention and ADDitude magazines, and other national press. They are sought after presenters at regional, national and international conferences.
ImpactADHD® and its programs are on the cutting edge of innovation:
Diane and Elaine developed Sanity School® to fill a clear need. While behavior management training for parents and teachers is a first-line recommended treatment, prior to Sanity School there was no "basic training" course designed specifically for working with children with ADHD and related challenges that was broadly available to parents or teachers. After tweaking and testing Sanity School online, informed by research, Elaine & Diane decided to train other professionals to bring this coaching-based behavior management training program into local communities.